All Season Flyer 2023

Want to tell other WSRC members that you will be flying at Holman...this is the perfect place!
kbob
Squadron Leader

All Season Flyer 2023

Post by kbob » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:48 pm

Well here we are in 2023 and time to start the all season flyer program again. I made my first flight on the 1st. I know of 12 other people who did too, so why not participate in the all season flyer program. All you have to do is make at least one flight every month during the year and post when it happened here. We increased to three people completing it last year. Lets see if we can't get a few more to complete it this year.

ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Re: All Season Flyer 2023

Post by ustahfli » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:12 pm

Not the best day... but a GOOD ONE! Finally got my stuff together and had a great time at the field. It got cloudy, and a little chilly, but I finally got the transmitter programmed on the twenty-two year old ‘spare’ airplane! Kelsey built it in 2000, and it literally has unnumbered flights on it! It sure needs recovered, but I don’t want to jinx it. And as for Kelsey, he now has transmitter issues, so I let him fly his old airplane and he did great! Like riding a bicycle I guess! This gives both of us an ‘insurance’ flight for the month!
Didn’t see anyone else out there so I’m guessing they all have jobs! It’ll be a few days before we get good weather again, so the only thing close is the swap meet in Prague on Saturday. See you there? :mrgreen:

kdoughty
Wing Commander

Post by kdoughty » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:03 am

I did have a transmitter issue with my Frsky Taranis radio. :roll:
I can't blame it on Frsky ,because I had replaced the sticks with aftermarket Hall effect sticks five years ago. Everything worked accept the Aileron stick.I replaced them with the Frsky ones that came with the transmitter. It is now working fine .The only thing is cost me a day of flying ,which is few and far between this time of year. At least I didn't crash a plane. :D Better Luck next time “I hope “!!

ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Post by ustahfli » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi Kieth. I thought I had posted here to validate my January flight, and I was right. But thanks for reminding me anyway. Just might make it four years if I’m lucky, and I have enough planes to last through attrition! (That means crashes!) thanks for helping me re-pack my stuff I didn’t sell at the swap meet. For the record, I finally sold two kits! And an engine too! :mrgreen:

ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Post by ustahfli » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:35 pm

February 5th! Lots of people found a way to fly today! Guess the warm weather got to them. It got to me, and Kelsey so I met him out there. And, of course, the wind started and was across the runway! Worse, it kept changing NE/SE, so you would have to try a landing and watch way it crabbed! Go around and come in from the other way!
No problem. But the wind overturned me trying to taxi. But I accomplished what I needed.
Come out to watch us play next time the sun shines and the wind DOSENT blow. :!: :mrgreen:

kbob
Squadron Leader

Post by kbob » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:04 pm

Made it out to the field on Sunday and got my February flight taken care of. Wind was quite a bit stronger than they were forecasting ( Shocking I know).
It was nice to see so many members out and getting some stick time in. Its not to late to get in on the all season flyer if you managed to get a flight in during January. Just post the date you did it here along with your February flight and you are on your way. Just FYI, the winds are supposed to be light on Saturday, at least that's what they are saying today.

kbob
Squadron Leader

Post by kbob » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:19 pm

Beautiful day at the field and managed to get 3 flights in for March. A few members were out taking advantage of the light winds and warm temps.
Hope we get some more days like this, I am ready to start flying more.

ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Post by ustahfli » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:45 pm

FINALLY MADE IT OUT THERE! Sooooo glad to log a flight in March! Beginning to think I would never line up a day to fly that would allow (a flyer like me) to get in the air. Considering that a flight requires a landing too. Always some little thing! Anyway, Kelsey was there too and both kept our logbook up to date! Actually, he made it out on Saturday, but today he had his new radio! It has more computer action than Buzz Aldrin ever had! Wow!! Gotta get one! Hmmmmm. My birthday is this month!
Came back later to catch two other members cashing in on spring weather in the middle of winter (officially). :!: :mrgreen:

Dbot
Spacecraftsman

Post by Dbot » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:46 pm

I'm here to post my flights. Sorry I didn't get to it on the days I flew.
January chilly fly; February 5th good turnout; March 3rd alone..

kbob
Squadron Leader

Post by kbob » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:52 pm

First day of April and my flights for the month are in. It was a beautiful day at the field. The wind wasn't too strong as the afternoon when on, it just couldn't make up its mind which direction it wanted to come out of. I finally got my J3 to idle and made 3 nice flights with it. Here are a few pictures of who was out today.
Flightline 4-1.jpg
Kelsey getting his plane ready for a flight.
Field talk 4-1.jpg
Ron, Phillip and Big D talking between flights