All Season Flyers 2024

Want to tell other WSRC members that you will be flying at Holman...this is the perfect place!
ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Re: All Season Flyers 2024

Post by ustahfli » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:21 pm

Wow! Looks like another close call. Weather forecast just wasn’t ever right. Missed all the good days, but made it out just as the world was ending by storms rolling across the plains, to quote a song! From the field, we could see storms blossoming to incredible heights, and could tell they were severe, but not for us! Little breezy, and the landings were pushed to the right! It all worked out, though. Kelsey did his four (?) flights before it was time to quit.
Looks like there might not be too many good days left, so if you get a chance, better take it! :!: :mrgreen:

kbob
Squadron Leader

Post by kbob » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:23 am

April is done. Went to the field last night to get my new card and got two flights in. Wind was light and right down the runway (that was different). :D
Steven was out and got a couple of flights in too. I love the time change, makes getting flights in a lot easier. Bring a plane on Monday to the meeting and get your April flight in. The weather is supposed to be decent in the evening.

ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Post by ustahfli » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:24 pm

Beginning to wonder again about flying weather and logging a flight. Thinking we just might have to fire some weathermen if they can't get us what we need! But on a day that nearly everyone was going crazy on sun worship, I got decent wind and logged a couple. Actually were decent flight events, from taxi-out to taxi-in. would have done a third, at least, if I hadn't done a 'bone-head-stunt' and flooded the engine, then backed the spinner off! It was getting late, and I was getting hungry, so I went home, wondering what all the fuss about the sun/moon was about! Ill have to pay more attention in2044, and the next one :lol: :mrgreen:
Oh yeah, Kelsey did his also. Electrics are SO trouble free (except he only had one charged flight battery). :oops:
Picked up my 2024 card also!