Black Friday Swap Shop

Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here.
kbob
Squadron Leader

Black Friday Swap Shop

Post by kbob » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:54 am

The Black Friday Swap Shop is coming up. Reserve your table now. Payment is not due until the day of the event. Come on out and look for your next treasure or sell some things to finance your next project. Always a good time. Hope to see you there.
black friday swap shop 2023.pdf
(53.75 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

ustahfli
Leading Spacecraftsman

Re: Black Friday Swap Shop

Post by ustahfli » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:53 am

Another one in the books. Great big thank you to Kieth for spear-heading this event. And to the board for providing us with a cold weather retreat. Can’t fly? Go buy and sell. Had fun interacting with so many modelers (some of them as old as I am!) talking about how things were in the old days! Like using glue on balsa to have an airplane! And glow powered engines! I sold one of “my Precious “ collectibles”, kind of by accident. An OS fs60 PUMPED ENGINE. FAIRLY RARE TO BE NEW IN THE BOX and nearly 40 years old! One fellow got a BARGAIN! There were lots of great buys there, and great opportunities to talk to fellows that knew what I was talking about! Talk about ‘lost experience ‘, when us old guys are gone, so are the skills that were required to fly, in our day! Good thing that the Chinese are providing so many great products at reasonable prices! Now, if we could only pry the cell phones from the hands of our current group of youths!
See you at the Shawnee Thunderbird swap meet in January! :roll: :mrgreen:

kbob
Squadron Leader

Re: Black Friday Swap Shop

Post by kbob » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:49 pm

As Ron said, another one in the books. Table sales were good but walk in buyers were pretty light this time. If you did make it out there were bargains to be had. There was a little bit of everything and quite a few planes left with new owners. After discussions with table buyers and club members, this will be the last Black Friday Swap Shop. Everyone thinks attendance would be better if we moved it to a non holiday time. We are thinking spring time, the perfect time to get that new ARF with a better chance to get it in the air sooner without winter weather to contend with. We will figure it out and let everyone know what the new date will be. Here are a couple of picture of people setting up there goodies
Lawton.jpg
Our Friends from Lawton who made the trip north.
Gluedobbers.jpg
A couple of members of the Tulsa Gluedobbers made the trip south.
Clayton.jpg
Clayton setting up his area. He has a lot of nice planes for sale.
Westside.jpg
A view of some Westside members getting ready.