Westside Events 2018

Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here.
poowensiii
Spacecraftsman

Re: Bloody Wonder Racing Series

Post by poowensiii » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:00 pm

BLOODY WONDER RACING FOR TOMORROW IS CANCELLED.

Sorry folks!!! :(

kbob
Squadron Leader

Re: Bloody Wonder Racing Series

Post by kbob » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:12 am

Well the weather finally cooperated and we were able to get a race day in. There were 4 racers who showed up to compete but only 3 were able to put flights in. Kelsey had an unfortunate accident while testing his new aircraft that took him out of the running. In the first race Hank came in first, I was second and Jonathan came in third due to battery issues. At the beginning of the second race Jonathan's radio would not bind to his plane. Hank let Jonathan fly his plane for the race with Jonathan coming in first. The point standings so far are Jonathan and I are tied at 6 and Hank is second with 5. We are scheduled to race again this coming Saturday. Get your planes ready and come on out.
Attachments
Race day 1.JPG
Racers and planes from the first race.
Race day 2.JPG
Racers and their support teams.
Race day 3.JPG
Jonathan and Ronan getting a flight in after the racing.

poowensiii
Spacecraftsman

Re: 2018 Night Flying Event, 9/29 @ 8pm (UPDATE!!!)

Post by poowensiii » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:47 pm

I want to thank all the members and family that came out for the night fly! It was a bit windy but everyone was flying. I want to thank the Chippeaux boys for putting on a great show. The drone chasing the plane is always good, but the tow plane and glider lit with lights was fantastic!
I can't wait to see what shows up next year!!!
Phillip

poowensiii
Spacecraftsman

Christmas Party, 12/10/18 @ Interurban

Post by poowensiii » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:39 am

Westside R/C Flyers Christmas Party 2018
Monday, December 10th, 2018
Interurban Restuarant - 11316 W. Reno Ave.
Dinner starts @ 6pm
Meeting starts @ 7pm

Please Note:
We will not be exchanging gifts this year. However, we will be accepting unwrapped toys for kids. For each
gift you bring (approx. $10 to $20 each), you will receive a raffle ticket towards a gift certificate drawing.
Our donated toys will be presented to the Yukon Fire Department and their annual toy drive.

See you soon.
Phillip Owens - Pres.