Sanyo Eneloop NI-MH Batteries

Area for sharing anything that might help out fellow modelers. Great place to post a question or something you learned the hard way but could save others the same grief!!
mustang814
Spaceman Basic

Sanyo Eneloop NI-MH Batteries

Post by mustang814 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Does anyone know anything about these batteries? From what I have read about them, they can retain a charge of up to 75% for 3 years of non-use. They don't develop a memory so they don't have to be cycled. They can be recharged up to 1500 times. I was thinking about using these for a transmitter battery. The one I have from spektrum doesn't last very long before it needs to be recharged.

cevans
Spacecraftsman

Re: Sanyo Eneloop NI-MH Batteries

Post by cevans » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 am

you can either use those or buy one of these when they get back in stock, that is if your talking about the dx7s.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=19481

This is what i put in my dx7s and it will last at least 20hours on a charge, dont ask how i know this, lets just say i turned on the transmitter and walked away, after 20hours it still did not reach the voltage alarm.

It is a direct replacement and charges with the stock wall charger, you need to go into system settings and change your battery to lipo and it will stop charging when the battery peaks. Built in charge circuit in the radio. Hope that helps.

L82fly
Wing Commander

Sanyo Eneloop NI-MH

Post by L82fly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 am

I also have been looking at the same batteries but for flight packs. I have a couple that need replacing and I'm having a hard time finding anyone with Sanyo cells locally.

L82fly
Wing Commander

Post by L82fly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 am

I know that there is a setting on my cycler for NiMH but on the fast field charger do you just treat them the same as NiCads but select NiMH :?:

brumenapp
Spaceman Basic

Post by brumenapp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am

I have some Eneloops that I use in my AA size glow ignitors. Haven't had enough time/use with them to have any personal experience. If your field charger is not a "smart" charger, I think it will be fine. From what I understand, the problem comes when you use a smart charger that is expecting to see a nicd voltage peak, (NIMH batteries do not peak in voltage the same way NICDs do) and overcharges the NIMH. I will be interested on what others say though.

EDIT:
P.S. I bought my batteries from Amazon.com. Free shipping on many orders over $25.

L82fly
Wing Commander

Sanyo Eneloop NI-MH

Post by L82fly » Wed May 08, 2013 4:07 pm

mustang814 wrote:Does anyone know anything about these batteries? From what I have read about them, they can retain a charge of up to 75% for 3 years of non-use. They don't develop a memory so they don't have to be cycled. They can be recharged up to 1500 times. I was thinking about using these for a transmitter battery. The one I have from spektrum doesn't last very long before it needs to be recharged.
Mustang814,
Both Dbot and I recently purchased several of the Sanyo Eneloop packs from Batteries America. I'm sure we'll have some input on the quality / endurance once we get some flights on them ;)