Field Box Builds and Mods

Area for sharing anything that might help out fellow modelers. Great place to post a question or something you learned the hard way but could save others the same grief!!
mustang814
Spaceman Basic

Field Box Builds and Mods

Post by mustang814 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 am

I'm starting this topic about the field box I'm currently building. Since I am new to this hobby and still have tons of questions, I need input from you guys on things that I could or should include in my field box. I would also like to for you guys to post informaton on your field boxes or the field boxes you may be building as well.

Who knows, we may as a group, come up with something that we be bennifical to all of us as well as the new guys that just getting started.

I will post pictures and information on construction of the different parts or systems that I am including in my field box.

Let me know if you think I should continue this topic or just let it glide slowly off into the sunset.

mustang814
Spaceman Basic

Re: Field Box Builds and Mods

Post by mustang814 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 pm

I don’t like reinventing the wheel every time I attempt to do something. I am quite happy to borrow other people’s ideas or concepts do things, but I do apply some modifications and refinements to them before I use them. That is the case in this project of building a flight or field box or whatever you want to call it. My field box build is based upon some field boxes that I saw in a forum on RC Universe. The forum I looked at is “THE FIELD BOX FROM HELL! aka The Ultimate Field box!” Here is the link to the forum in case you want to look at some of the field boxes there. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16724 ... ey_/tm.htm

Now that I have given credit where credit is due and made all of my disclaimer, it time to get to the field box build. The field box is made from a Stanley FatMax Tool Box. This box can be purchased at either Lowe’s or Home Depot. Rumor has it that both of these locations are not going to carry this tool box any longer and what they have on hand is all they have and they won’t be getting any more in.
FatMax.jpg
FatMax.jpg (8.35 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Attachments
FatMax Side View.jpg

L82fly
Wing Commander

Re: Field Box Builds and Mods

Post by L82fly » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:23 am

Checked out the link to RC Universe...Now I'm thinking of creating my own Frankenstein / Ultimate Field Box :lol: Can't wait to see the pictures or your Field Box.